Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Do ya feel lucky, punk?

I’m not a big fan of westerns, but there are a few that I really like. One of those few is Hang Em High, a Clint Eastwood movie about a man who is lynched, but survivies. He then becomes Marshall and hunts down the up-standing citizens who did it to him. It’s also a story about how law and justice come to a territory, and the judge who wants it to become a state, with the help of Clint. Clint is torn between hunting down the people who hurt him and helping innocents. He also is torn between letting frontier justice or the law prevail, when both have the same outcome (death by hanging). After that, 12 Angry Men was on, which is another story about law and justice.

Whenever I watch either of these movies, a part of me wants to study law (a small part). Actually, I probably want to study more the philosophy of law and government. Maybe I should just read some Locke and Hobbes. And some Plato for good measure. In other news, we got back from Mammoth without incident, and I should have pictures to put up soon.

And yesterday was Rachel's birthday, so hopefully I'll have some pictures from that, too. Apparently I look like a gansta' in a couple of them. Don't ask me how.

No comments: