Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The bygone days of Winter

I've finally admitted to myself that winter is over. It's not that I don't like the spring or the summer, it's that I really love the winter. I love being cold when I sleep, and wearing warm clothes (scarves and beanies!) But last night I finally officially took my flannel sheets out of circulation and steeled myself for only cotton sheets for the next six months.

It was only a couple weeks ago that I stopped wearing my jacket to work (although it's freezing in my office so I think I might take and leave one at work). So I must accept that the cold weather is gone, and I will only get a little glimpse of it when in the mountains. But with the fans that I have going in my room, I can pretend that is at least November. Or the later part of October, at least.

No comments: