Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The stuff that dreams are made of

Yes, I'm going to quote The Maltese Falcon for the third time. Deal with it. There's a reason that it's ranked 14th on AFI's Top 100 quotes, after all.

I think I've posted this before, but I very rarely have bad dreams. Even when I was young, I don't remember having very many nightmares (although I had one reoccuring nightmare when I was little that was fun). And even when I do have bad dreams, they definately involve me fighting the bad guys, not just sitting and hiding or running. And strangely enough, they are almost all in my house, and especially in my room.

Growing up, my favorite bad dreams were the ones when I would wake up convinced that there were witches in the house, and I would sit perfectly still in bed coming up with ways to battle them.

I think I've discovered that I either need to stop watching shows like Alias and playing adventure RPG's, or I need to find some adventure to put in my life so that my dreams stop being interesting. I'm not going to give up Alias (well, I will give up new episodes when I have to, but I won't like it!) or video games, so I guess I'll have to find some adventure. And I think I know where to start.

No comments: